How Much Content Do You Need for Your Boutiques Facebook Ads?
Content, content, content. Honestly, if you’re reading this I know you’re taking it seriously and that’s great. You probably have questions on what type of content to send and how often to send it?
It’s important to let you know before we go too far, each situation is different and this is general advice!
Factors to think about include not just how much you’re spending but also what your goals are, what works for your store, what type of operation and boutique you have, what stage in the launch or ad management you’re in, and more! If you’ve just launched your ads and things are still getting going, more content is encouraged. If you’re a live seller and those are working best, that’s great and you might not need to send it as much — BUT getting in the habit of sending consistent content gives us a lot more to work with and is key as we SCALE!
We always want to set the expectation that CONSISTENT content will be needed.
We can’t go shoot your photos or hire the models, but we can do some awesome editing with our creative team and love to contribute to content brainstorming sessions together!
Please make sure you give us enough lead time depending on our goal and how we work together. We encourage you to plan in advance. For example, don’t send content on Friday for a sale that weekend. If you want to brainstorm your next photoshoot, don’t reach out the day of the shoot...
The more we’re planning in advance, the better the results will be.
This gives us time to creatively edit content and strategically develop ads around your content!
Ok, so you get it. We want lots of content consistently and planned in advance/communicated around. But WHY does it help so much? Well…
- Facebook prefers newer creative. There is a sweet spot here as we don’t want to introduce a new creative each day, but we find after about 3 weeks results on even our best performing creative can start to trend down. New creative gives Facebook more to work with.
- It allows our team to optimize more inside the ad account and get the most spend on what is working best. Simply put, we have more options. In addition, we can test more audiences and interests with different content, giving us a better chance at maximizing return.
- As you scale, new creatives give us more ways to attract new users and diversify what we are running to get more consistent results and better protect against changes on Facebook.
Got it. And how often should I send it?
We request it consistently but ideally on a weekly or bi-weekly basis so that our team can work it in as we see fit. When you’re on a lower spend, it’s ok to send less creative but as you scale, we find it more and more important to send more content. This helps us build out the scaling in a way where we have more control and enable more consistent results.
Here’s a quick chart we put together to help guide you in terms of how much content you should send depending on where you are in terms of daily spend.
Sweet! What type of content should I send though?
Here are our favorites! We encourage you to send these with your own spin and to request more info from your AM if you’d like a more specific direction. We work hard to help identify the unique characteristics of your brand and develop content to highlight those!
We love to get a short video welcoming new users to your community and store, getting them excited about what makes you special/unique, and then personally inviting them with a warm welcome or first-time purchase offer.
Think about what you would say to someone if they walked into your store for the first time or you met them at a party — imagine they were in the target market and wanted to learn more. Imagine talking to your best friend from childhood and they just discovered your brand! What would you say? This doesn’t have to be perfect, but it should capture YOUR personality!
What do your customers love about you? That’s great to mention! Then, get these new customers excited to use the offer at the end.
Product list/fit videos
Please feel encouraged to send an updated list of 20–35 products to feature each season and we can work these into the funnel. These are best for seasonal items or collections and featuring items that won’t run out of stock quickly. They can be used as featured product sets and slideshows.
App download content
IMAGE: The idea is to catch the eye and feature the phone/app. We’ll use the copy to highlight the benefits.
VIDEO: The idea is to explain all the benefits and get them excited to download. It’s not very instructional, but more of a hype video.
It’s about WHY they should shop the app and all its benefits — getting them excited!
Shoot a short video (selfie/mirror style works well!) showing off a specific outfit or new collection and tell your audience what’s so amazing about these products. These videos are often posted in groups, but we’re finding they work really well as ads too, and can be used in a variety of ways for cold and warm audiences.
These work best when you have lots of inventory for the item, or items within a very trendy collection. Additionally, they work well if you have your own branded line of products or things that can’t be found in a lot of places.)
Want to try something new?
We know clients come to us because we know what content works, but we also know each boutique wants to have its own style and unique, original content ideas!
We are happy to send examples and very specific content we want, but if you want something totally unique but aren’t sure what exactly, we encourage you to hop on a creative brainstorming session with your Account Manager! This allows us to talk about the ideas you have, give feedback, share our own ideas for your boutique, and decide what to create from there!
These sessions can be amazing for new ideas and we’ve had some of our best performing ads come from a quick 15-minute brainstorm. That said, they are riskier as we haven’t confirmed they work and each content piece needs to be tested.
Anything else I should know?
Now we always search your page, but context is key. Simply sending a graphic or photo is NOT the same as sending it with a few bullet points to your thoughts behind it. We STRONGLY suggest and politely request your insights with the content.
- Please avoid giving us TOO much content at once. Examples include giving us 15+ fit videos or 200+ photos from a recent shoot. Send us your favorite 10/15 images from that shoot and 5 fit videos a week, and it will save us lots of back and forth and get the ads we feel best about, launched sooner.
- If you’re selling wider, limited styles, we’ll need new creative more often. If you’re selling live and that’s your bread and butter, we’ll be able to focus more spend on that.
- If you order deep and have a few breadwinner products or private label items, you might not need to send as much creative. We always adjust to what works best for our clients and get the best return in the ad account. Communication here is key!
- Even evergreen content like your Intro Video or your APP video needs to be refreshed quarterly so that it is seasonally relevant.
- When we request content because an account is down, we don’t simply throw an ad up and keep going. We brainstorm how best to use it and work it into the funnel, that is why planning in advance can make or break the results!