How to Connect your CommentSold APP to Facebook Ads
You’ll be able to optimize for app events while tracking and recording everything seamlessly in your Facebook ad account.
Let’s dive right in. Any questions comments or concerns just let me know!
1. Create a Facebook developed account (ignore if you already have one) Anyone can do this and it’s fairly easy. https://developers.facebook.com/
2. Create your first or create a new app for your business. Enter the name of the app and your contact email.
You just created your app on Facebook. Now we need to set up and connect it to your mobile app.
Setting Up Your App
4. Navigate to CommentSold. Login in. Click “Mobile App” from the main menu on the left side.
5. Click “Facebook” all the way to the right under the Mobile App options.
6. Navigate back to Facebook
7. Scroll down to the bottom and hit “add platform”. Select Android first.
8. Copy and paste the Google Play Package Name into the corresponding text box. This information is found on your CommentSold Mobile App — Facebook Tab. Save this information
9. Click “add platform” and this time select Apple.
10. Add the Bundle ID and Store ID from your CommentSold tab.
11) Make sure “Log In-App Events Automatically (Recommended)” is turned on for both platforms.
Congrats! Your Facebook app is not connected to your APPLE and Android APP.
Advanced APP Set Up
12) Go to advanced under settings on the left side of your app dashboard.
13) Add your business manager and add your ad account ID. This will appear as you scroll.
14) At the top, you’ll see a toggle that says “In Development” Turn your APP from in development to LIVE.
15) At the top, you’ll also see “APP ID” Copy and paste your APP ID.
16) Go back to CommentSold in the same section as before (Mobile App and then Facebook). Enter the ID you copied from Facebook and hit save.
17) Go back to Facebook and open the business manager settings. If you don’t know how to get here just type in business.facebook.com — Go to the business manager you use and then click the blue settings button in the top right.
18) Go to the product catalog under data sources on the left side and click into the one you use and then hit “associate sources” located near the middle of the screen.
19) Associate the APP with the catalog by turning on the toggle next to the data. You should also see pixel data here. This is what connects the app, your pixel, and your products.
20) On the left-hand side, you’ll see “APP” as a section under page and ad accounts. Go there.
21) Hit add assets to your selected app.
22) Connect the ad account again here.
23) Navigate back to your app dashboard and on the left-hand side you’ll see products. Click products and click FB analytics. You can go through the steps provided by FB here but it will also start populating automatically. Once you see the green check next to analytics on the left, you’ll want to navigate to settings and turn on “allow analytics users to see purchase information.” This might take from 1 hour to 24 hours depending on how much traffic you get in your app.
24) When running campaigns make sure to select the app in the ad setting the same way you would select your pixel. NOTE — This is not needed if you’re running a conversion campaign optimized for app events only.
You’re all set. Go run wild with app campaigns because you’re all set up. What campaigns are you most excited to run? Let me know below!
Visit me at ethankramer.com to learn more about my proven strategies and insane results combining CommentSold and Facebook Ads.*
Are you a social seller looking for more advice on how to run Facebook ads?Join my free Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/517449362249718/